Last update: 1 July 2021
Personal information relates to information of an identifiable, living, natural person, and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. This information can include, but not limited to, your name, surname, gender, age, date of birth, contact details, physical address and online identifiers.
Statistical data provided to any third party will not contain any personal information that could identify the data subject, this includes any personal information we use in an aggregated manner, i.e. statistical data, research or profiling.
We collect personal information from you that you actively provide to us, and passively from the device you use to access our website or from social networking sites (subject to your privacy settings).
- Active collection
When you register on the Hadada platform, you are required to provide information about yourself. You may provide this information directly or by means of one of your social networking sites such as Facebook, Google or Twitter. Only the following information is compulsory, your name, surname, email address, and country you are living in. We will use your information to provide and personalise our service, and we may use your contact details to communicate with you.
You may only purchase or partake in a class or event listed on the Hadada platform if you are a registered member. Only upon your consent, by signing up for our newsletter, you will receive direct marketing or promotional news about Hadada, its services and offerings. You have the right to opt-out of marketing information by unsubscribing or contacting us.
If you register on Hadada platform to list your classes or services, additional compulsory information is required to set up your store name, store email address, store phone number and profile images. Your store email address and phone number are not made public or disclosed to any customer or third parties. To receive payment from Hadada for your services, you are required to submit banking details of a registered South African bank. Upon special request, and subject to additional fees, payments may be made in to a registered PayPal account for which you need to provide the details.
We will not sell or distribute the information that you provide us when registering an account and making a purchase (except if required by law or the information is transferred to our successor in title). We may use and disclose information in aggregate (meaning that no individual customer can be identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Passive collection from your device
We do not collect any information from cookies for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Passive collection from social networking sites (with your permission)
You can register or log onto the Hadada platform using one of social networking sites Facebook, Google or Twitter. When you use this feature you login to the selected site with your username and password whereby you give us your permission to access and use that information.
We collect basic information from the social networking site. This is information which you have put on the social networking site and made public in accordance with your privacy settings on the relevant social networking site. This information includes your name, surname, username or social media handle, email address, profile picture and other information you decided to share publicly.
Other extended information may be collected to personalise and enhance your experience on our website. Extended information is information which you have put on a social networking site over and above the basic information. This can include additional identifying information and contact details, biographical information, educational history, and personal preferences. You can manage the information you share with us through the relevant social networking site privacy settings.
We only receive information from social networking sites, we do not give them access to any of your personal information.
Compulsory personal information is required upon registering on the Hadada.org platform: your name, surname, email address and country currently living in. Registered users provided us with the compulsory information and may benefit from the features and services offered on the website.
All other information you provide to us is optional. Optional information may enhance and personalise your experience on the website. The following is considered as optional information:
- Feedback or comments
Hadada allows users to rate fitness trainers and instructors. Any rating or comment you provide may remain permanent and public. Comments and ratings may be checked through an automated spam and content filter.
When a visitor leaves comments on the website, we collect that data. This includes the comment, the IP address, the broker user agent string help detect spam. The string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to a third party to see if you are indeed using that email address.
If you upload any media to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data. This is for your protection as other visitors may be able to download the image and extract location data.
We retain all personal information which you provided to us. If you have a registered account on this site:
– you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
– You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. We also have the right to retain information until all disputes between us are finalised, and we may also retain your information if we suspect fraudulent activity.
– As mentioned above, feedback about an instructor may be kept indefinitely.
As long as you continue to access our site, and for five years thereafter, we may keep all retained information.
– If your registered account is dormant for two years, we will inform you that your account is dormant.
– If you do not make use of our website or services after a year upon receiving the dormancy notification, we can erase, delete or destroy all your personal information from our database and records. Information we store for statistical, or research purposes will not be destroyed.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: You have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: You may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
Hadada has a number of security measures in place to protect your personal information, and we will take all reasonable measures in line with industry standards to protect your information. But the collection of information and transactions over the internet is never guaranteed to be safe and secure. Hadada therefore does not guarantee the safety and security of any personal information that you transfer over the internet to us, which includes information that is stored and distributed by us or our authorised third parties.
The Information Regulator will be informed of any data breach as required by the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act. You will be notified if your personal information has been compromised.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Our aim is to link to sites that share our high standards and respect for your privacy, but we do not accept responsibility for the content or practices employed by other websites.
In order to provide you and our community a positive experience as well as to grow our own business, we use third party vendors that may receive your information. These include Google Analytics and PayGate. Your information may therefore be collected by, retained, processed and distributed by these third-party vendors in terms of their products and processes.
You will only receive direct marketing of services and products when you register for our newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the email footer.
We are bound by relevant data protection legislation, and we will treat the information you give us in accordance with any legal requirement.